3rd Annual Literacy & Learning Day Conference
Date: April 16th, 2005
# Registered: 978
Keynote Speaker: David Bouchard
Keynote Topic: The Love of Reading
# of Workshops: 51
- Sixty thousand registration forms were distributed to Public and Catholic Schools throughout Edmonton and the surrounding areas.
- 86% of Catholic schools were represented
- 90% of Public schools were represented
- 43 presenters offered 51 distinct workshops to parents, covering areas of literacy, behavioral concerns, computer technology, drugs and kids, study habits and much more. (These presenters, often paid for these sessions elsewhere, volunteered their time and expertise for this event!)
- The superintendents of Edmonton Catholic Schools and Edmonton Public Schools both spoke on the vital role parents play in the literacy development of their children.
And we also know that Literacy and Learning Day works!
- 98% of parents who evaluated Literacy and Learning Day felt that the information that they received during the day would help them support their child's literacy and learning in school.
- 99% of parents said they would recommend Literacy and Learning Day to others