10th Annual Literacy & Learning Day Conference
Date: April 14th, 2012
Venue: Edmonton Expo Centre at Northlands
# Registered: 954
Keynote Speaker: Morning: Barbara Coloroso
Afternoon: David Bouchard
Keynote Topic: AM: Cyber Bullying
PM: Reading: The Ultimate Cultural Challenge
# of Workshops: 25
- Together, these two world famous speakers inspired parents, grandparents and caregivers to learn and role model behaviours that will assist our children and youth to grow into healthy, productive, caring members of our communities.
- Experienced and professional educators also assisted in this mission by sharing their skills, knowledge and wisdom in 25 distinct workshops. Ranging in topics covering reading, math, dyslexia, eating disorders, self-esteem, drug awareness, stress relief and much more, these workshops validated, enlightened and excited those in attendance.
- 97.4% of those who completed our evaluation indicated that the information they received on this day will be helpful in supporting and enhancing the literacy and learning of the children in their lives.
- 97.1% indicated that they found the conference to be 'good' or 'very good'.
- 98.7 % indicated that they would recommend this conference to others.
This FREE TO ATTEND conference is organized entirely by volunteers, and paid for through donations from organizations and individuals in the Edmonton community.