12th Annual Literacy & Learning Day Conference
Date: October 25th, 2014
Venue: Shaw Conference Centre
# Registered: 513
Keynote Speaker: Larry Anderson
Keynote Topic: Learning to Live Your Dreams: The Power of Self Directed Learning
# of Workshops: 39
- Larry inspired us to learn and discover the power of self-directed learning, by sharing the real life stories of several incredible self-directed learners, including his own personal journey to success. He explained how self-directed learning can enable us all to realize our personal dreams, and guide our children to reach theirs.
- Larry surprised us all when he announced, on behalf of The Larry and Janet Anderson Philanthropies, the creation of TWO new endowment funds ($25,000 each) honouring two of LLDSE's strong supporters; Wendy Keiver (co-founder, past president and current organizing committee chair) and Kathryn Burke (long term presenter) LJAP _ Oct 27 Announcement
- This was the first year that we have had a completely separate Board of Directors and Organizing Committee. This allowed the Board to focus on strategic planning for the future as the Organizing Committee focused on the 2014 Literacy & Learning Day Conference.
- 89% of Evaluations received indicated that the overall impression of the day was Very Good or Excellent
- 87% of Evaluations received indicated that the information received was Very Helpful
- 98% of Evaluations received indicated that attendees would recommend Literacy & Learning Day Conferences to others
Some Feedback from our Participants
"I've been to this conference for several years & I think it is WONDERFUL for all caregivers!"
"Awesome Speakers! First class content!"
"Great day. Very informative."
Thank you to all the Volunteers, Presenters, Participants and Vendors who helped make this unique event a great success!